Sunday 25 March 2018

Book Review - Cruise with an Adorable Fat Girl by Bernice Bloom

Amazon UK
Title: Cruise with an Adorable Fat Girl
Author: Bernice Bloom
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 4th December 2017
Rating: 5 Stars


Mary Brown - our full-figured heroine - is off on a cruise. It's the trip of a lifetime...featuring eat-all-you-can buffets and a trek through Europe with a 96-year-old widower called Frank and a flamboyant Spanish dancer called Juan Pedro in attendance. Then there's the desperately handsome captain, the appearance of an ex-boyfriend on the ship, the time she's mistaken for a Hollywood film star in Lisbon and tonnes of clothes shopping all over Europe.

Madcap, wacky, with a surprising story within a story, this is a piece of pure escapism that is absolutely wonderful.   As a massive cruise fan, as well as a rather full figured lady, I just knew I had to read this. 

Ok, so I clearly differ from Mary Brown in one way, I don't eat everything in sight at a buffet, but I've also never had the series of adventures she had had from just one cruise. 

The cast of characters in this are great and I especially loved the Spanish dancer Juan Pedro who adds an extra level of energy to the book.  

However it is Frank's story that will stay with me,  who is on the cruise purely to lay some wartime ghosts to rest, and Mary hears all about the story over a series of evenings, but I will leave you to find that out for yourselves. 

This is the fourth of the books in this series that I have read and I am very eager to buy the rest and start reading them as its pure genius.  This was a standalone story, and really is an enjoyable way to get a snapshot of a cruise holiday with someone who gets herself into some rather unusual situations.   Highly recommend this. 

Thanks to Bernice Bloom for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...