Monday 26 June 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #67


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

0 Votes - Amber Green Takes Manhattan by Rosie Nixon
3 Votes - Almost a Bride by Jo Watson
7 Votes - Practice Makes Perfect by Penny Parkes
7 Votes -  Breaking All The Rules by Rachael Richey
8 Votes - The Apple Orchard by Veronica Henry

This was one of the most interesting votes to watch pan out for ages, for most of the week I had no idea which book would win, but what did strike me was I was most likely going to either be reading the longest book of the selection or the shortest. Given the heatwave last week I'm very glad it was the short story that won, as that was about my level of concentration. 

Since we haven't done this for a few weeks this week its the turn of the paperbacks..in fact I think I've only read one paperback all month which seems like not enough for someone trying to reduce the piles, so lets see what comes up this time. 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...


And the books these numbers correspond to are...


So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:


23 - The Waiting Game by Jessica Thompson - I've had this book for a while, and it definitely look like the sort of book I want to read. 
29 - The Bum Magnet by K L Brady -  I won this book and it looks and sounds like it could be really funny. 
44 - The Secret Lives of the Amir Sisters by Nadiya Hussain - I've been looking forward to reading this book since I won it,  have a feeling it could be fascinating. 
51 - The Memory Box by Sarah Webb - This is the sequel to something I read years ago by the author. However since its been so long I have  a feeling it would be like a new book to me. 
61 - One Kiss in Rio... by Various - 3 Books in 1 from Mills and Boon, should be 3 hot and steamy romances with a Brazilian twist.  

This is an interesting selection this week, I won all of these books in giveaways, so on the whole don't know too much about them, but know I would quite like to read all 5 eventually. I will be very intrigued to see what you all pick! 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

15 comments:

  1. These all look like the kind of books that I would get - probably win - and think they looked good, but they would keep slipping down my TBR pile until one day when I was either feeling poorly or going on a long journey, both times when I need an "undemanding" read. So it's hard to choose between them, but is Nadiya Hussein the same Nadiya who won Bake Off? If so, I'd love to know what kind of author she is, so that's the one I'd like you to read this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Waiting Game by Jessica Thompson ... love the cover and title

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 4h4 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Sarah Webb The Memory Box. I have to support an Irish author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gone with the one I would pick if faced with them all in a bookshop.
    23 - The Waiting Game by Jessica Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  5. No 44. Nadiya Hussein, The Secret Lives of the Amir Sisters. Would love you to review this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for The Secret lives of the Amir sisters by Nadiya Hussein. Anything about secrets always intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will pick The Waiting Game by Jessica Thompson Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    Suze Lavender‏ @SuzeLavender 19m19 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000 @camillaisley
    The Memory Box. Great choices again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Twitter:

    Sara Alexi‏ @SaraAlexi 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Choices choices! Possibly the book by Nadia Hussein? But The Memory box looks good too 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would go for The Memory Box. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd go for The Secret Lives of the Amir Sisters. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Mary c Wallis‏ @MaryCWallis 14s15 seconds ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Waiting game?

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Hannah Taylor‏ @taylorhannah77 2h2 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Amir Sisters all the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...