Saturday 24 June 2017

Book Review - Prime Justice by M.A. Comley - Back Catalogue Books



Back Catalogue Books is my new regular Saturday feature, focusing on books that are not the latest releases. There is going to be a mix of Q&As and also reviews, depending on what I have the space for. 

If you are an author wanting to take part in Back Catalogue Books then please do email on gilbster at gmail dot com and I'll whizz the questions over to you. 


I hope everyone enjoys this weekly look back at some of the slightly older books that are about but still great, going to aim to read books that have been out for at least 6 months, and that I eventually make a dent in my TBRs as a result of it!

This is book 14 of the Justice series, from an incredibly prolific and talented author.

Amazon UK
Title:  Prime Justice
Author: M.A. Comley
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Jeamel Publishing Limited
Publication Date: 31st January 2017
Rating: 5 Stars


A killer, an abductor, and a villain intent on revenge - just a normal week in the life of DI Lorne Warner.

When a wealthy woman is found murdered in a country lane, close to her home, it's up to Lorne to find the evidence to track down the rural killer.

When another resident in the same vicinity is abducted, the evidence points Lorne to believe both cases are connected.

However, Lorne's focus on the puzzling case is in jeopardy, when a criminal awaiting trial threatens her career in the force.

Can Lorne restore the tranquility in the once sleepy community? And will she still be a serving police officer in the Met by the end of the investigation?

I absolutely love the Justice series by M.A.Comley and Prime Justice is another excellent addition to it. For those that have never read any in the series, then this could be read as a standalone, but if you are like me a a dedicated follower of it, then it is absolutely fantastic to catch up with my old friends again. 

I love DI Lorne Wanneer, and how she goes about investigating her cases, and her husband Tony is fabulous too. No matter how sceptical you are, there is something so believable about the hints that her good friend Carol comes up with. 

There is one main storyline this time, and the criminal in question is definitely dastardly. I didn't really guess who it was, and even when revealed I was semi shocked, but also knew instantly that it made a degree of sense. 

I managed to read Prime Justice in about two and a half hours, reasonably late a night, unable to put it down for a second, while I saw the outcome.   The more books I read of this series the more I enjoy them, and if you are new to the series, then this may not be the best starting point, as others are better, it just depends how many books you want to read  to catch up, although I'd recommend starting at the beginning and enjoying all of them!  

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous review, thank you so much, Rachel. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...