Monday 8 May 2017

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #63


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

1 Votes - 12 Honeymoons by K.L. Brady
2  Votes - Personal (Jack Reacher 19) by Lee Child
4 Votes -  Wing Jones by Katherine Webber 
7 Votes -  Nina is Not OK by Shappi Khorsandi
8 Votes - Pendulum by Adam Handy

For the majority of the time this vote was running I had somehow convinced myself that it would be potentially a four way tie, so imagine my relief when I counted and found a definite winner. I have though taken onboard the comments about Nina is Not OK and will attempt to read it when I get a chance, hopefully in a month or two on a Fab Firsts review! Pendulum I did enjoy even though its perhaps not quite the sub genre of thriller I enjoy. I am still relatively new to thrillers, so learning as I go what sorts I am liking. 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...



And the books these numbers correspond to are...


Well I got as far as trying to do the graphic with the cover images on before discovering Friends-in-Law by Lindsey Paley appears to no longer exist in Amazon, and as it doesn't seem fair to vote/review a book that you wouldn't then be able to buy, I need to Veto it!. 

So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:


8 - Survival of the Ginnest by Aimee Horton - I've had to look this up on Amazon as I know the title has change from when it went on my spreadsheet. It is now called - Perfect Mayhem. I know I have loved reading others in the series, and suspect this one will be equally as funny! 
113 - Don't Marry Thomas Clark by Celia Hayes - I wasn't too keen on what I read of this authors latest book, purely due to my instant dislike of the characters. I am hopeful that i will like this one a lot more
151 - The Secrets We Keep by Colette Caddle - Always tend to enjoy this author, and have to suspect there may be a story involving secrets in this one! 
539 - The Wedding Diary by Margaret James - I have never read this author, but I know the book attracted me when I bought it for some reason. 
808 - Summer with the Country Village Vet by Zara Stoneley  - This is the first book in a new series by Zara Stoneley and I'm expecting to see handsome vets and cute animals. I just love this author! 

Now this is a selection that excites me. I deep down know which I would love to win, with others that I will be very happy with too. Bit gutted that I needed to veto a book I want to read, but in the interests of fairness I have done. As always I'll be interested to see your comments which I always read, along with your selections. 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all. 

And authors, if its your book up on this feature, feel free to take part, vote for yourself, or stir up excitement amongst your fans! 

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

22 comments:

  1. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley‏ @emthebookworm 40m40 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I have to go for the Irish author so Colette Caddle -The Secrets We Keep is my choice for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Twitter:

    Ella Louise Creasey‏ @kentlass123 1h1 hour ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    4th one x <-- The Wedding Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Facebook:

    Jenny O'Brien Summer with a country village pet 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Twitter:

    Liina voit‏ @liinareads 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Summer with the Country Village Vet by Zara Stoneley
    The cover is so pretty and the story sounds great too 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last week there was no book I wanted to vote for, now there are 4! Really don't know which one to go for. I loved The Wedding Diary when I read it a few years ago and still have it on my bookshelf.
    I'm really curious about Don't marry Thomas Clark as I have it on my TBR pile.
    Colette Caddle isn't an author I've had on my radar, but I checked out The Secrets We Keep on Amazon and it sounds like my kind of read.
    And I really can't wait for the release of Summer with the Country Village Vet because I love books about vets and I'm gutted that there doesn't seem to be a new Cathy Woodman book out this year.

    I think I'll vote for The Wedding Diary because a review of Summer with the Country Village Vet will only make me even more impatient for its release...!

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer with the Country Village Vet by Zara Stoneley
    I want to read this one too :-) Love a hunky vet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two vying for my attention this week I love Aimee's books but I will go with 808 - Summer with the Country Village Vet by Zara Stoneley because that is also on my review pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Facebook:

    Susan Hampson Don't marry Thomas Clark

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Twitter:

    Carla Burgess‏ @MsBear123 9h9 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I like a nice vet, so I'd say Zara Stoneley's this week 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Twitter:

    BookaholicDee‏ @BookaholicDee 6h6 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Purely based on cover love and the title, The Secrets We Keep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    Jacqueline C‏ @1Bookreviewer 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    I have my eye on 'Perfect Mayhem' by @AimeeHorton - just followed her (I'm new 😂) as I liked the look of this book..It's going on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Twitter:

    Micayla Lally‏ @MJLally2nd 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Don't marry thomas clark

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Maxine Morrey‏ @Scribbler_Maxi 7h7 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    @ZaraStoneley 's cover is so pretty! That's the one that definitely catches my eye first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Karen perry‏ @karenperry24 3h3 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    the secrets we keep 😎

    ReplyDelete
  15. From Twitter:

    Louise Marley‏ @LouiseMarley 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    The Wedding Diary by @majanovelist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. From Twitter:

    Mummyof3‏ @iamjustme2017 15h15 hours ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    The Wedding Diary, that would be my pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The secrets we keep. Happy reading Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. From Twitter:

    Mark West‏ @MarkEWest 4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Don't Marry Thomas Clark (principally because I want to read your review as to why she shouldn't...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. From Twitter:

    Rose McClelland‏ @RoseMcClelland1 15m15 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @gilbster1000
    Perfect mayhem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd like to know why Thomas Clark is not to be married ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. From Twitter:

    Kathryn Freeman‏ @KathrynFreeman1 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Kathryn Freeman Retweeted Rachel Gilbey
    They all look good. Can I vote for The Wedding Diary by the lovely @majanovelist please Rachel. Biased, moi?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Secrets We Keep by Colette Caddle ~ I like her books too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...