Monday 8 May 2017

Book Review - Pendulum by Adam Hamdy - Rachel Reads Randomly Book #62

Amazon UK
Title: Pendulum
Author: Adam Hamdy
Format reviewed: Paperback 
Source: Goody Bag
Publisher: Headline
Publication Date: 9th March 2017
Rating: 4 Stars


You wake. Confused. Disorientated.
A noose is round your neck. 
You are bound, standing on a chair.
All you can focus on is the man in the mask tightening the rope.
You are about to die.
John Wallace has no idea why he has been targeted. No idea who his attacker is. No idea how he will prevent the inevitable. 
Then the pendulum of fate swings in his favour. 
He has one chance to escape, find the truth and halt his destruction. 
The momentum is in his favour for now. 
But with a killer on his tail, everything can change with one swing of this deadly pendulum...

You have one chance. Run.


There is no doubt in my mind that this is a good book, and I'm confused but shocked by the ending. I know that if the sequel was already available I would probably start it now, out of pure curiosity, and to try to get more answers. 

Yet Pendulum isn't really my sort of thriller at all. There is a lot of action, chase scenes, violence, and I can't help but feel the book would make a fabulous film, but its not one I would watch as I don't like seeing people killed for no obviously apparent reasons. 

I found John Wallace a really hard character to get to know, but yet I was compelled to keep reading on, to see what would happen next. I was definitely invested in the story, and some elements definitely captured my imagination. 

Wallace has a tough time trying to persuade anyone that he isn't suicidal but really was the victim of attempted murder, and once he finds just once person that believes him, I thought the book really got going, and anything involving law enforcement agencies was really interesting, if frustrating. 

If you are into high octane thrillers, with horrifically high death and injury counts then this could be the book for you. Pendulum wasn't the sort of book that I would normally read, but yet I am glad I did as I did enjoy it to a certain extent, and it definitely was written well, and poses some very interesting questions about modern society. 

Thank you to everyone that voted for Pendulum, it was definitely crying out to be read, and I'm very glad I have read this story. Hopefully by the time this post goes live, I will have slept, and that Pendulum won't have disturbed my mind too much! I am as always eager to see what your next pick will be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...