Sunday 7 May 2017

Book Review - Daydream Believer by Lizzie Fayke - Fab Firsts



Fab Firsts is my new regular Sunday feature, that is going to be highlighting books that are firsts. When interviewing authors, it will be about their first book, as well as other firsts in their lives. When reviewing books for this feature, there will be a mix of debuts, first books in a series, the first time I read an author, and possibly other firsts depending on what I can think of!

If you are an author wanting to take part in Fab Firsts then please do email on gilbster at gmail dot com and I'll whizz the questions over to you.

I hope you enjoy this look at a variety of hopefully fabulous firsts, while making some sort of dent in my review and paperback TBRs which are my current main focus!

I was gifted a copy of Daydream Believer not long after my blog started after Lizzie Fayke appeared in a guest post. When I went to look for a paperback to read for this weeks Fab Firsts it finally caught my eye and I remembered I had been meaning to read it for ages!

Amazon UK
Title: Daydream Believer
Author: Lizzie Fayke
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: Gift
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 28th July 2015
Rating: 4.5 Stars


Sarah Collin's world is about to be changed forever by her imaginary boyfriend.
Her dream world collides with reality when she invents Steve, her rock musician lover, in the hope of adding some much needed glamour to her life, while gaining a little respect from her workmates.
As the lie spirals out of control, she finds herself on the Costa Blanca. Could her chaotic holiday actually make some of her daydreams come true?


Daydream Believer is a wonderful holiday read, with the majority of the book taking place on the Costa Blanca, while Sarah is trying to work out how to pass off Benidorm for the South of France. 

For Sarah lives in a world of daydreams and so as not to loose face in front of her colleagues she has told them all about Steve, her boyfriend, who is a musician and working in the South of France. Just one small problem in that he doesn't exist. So when she announces to the office she is going to visit him, it gets really amusing. 

Sarah has also never really been abroad much before and Benidorm is the best she could afford on her rather non existent budget.  At this point let me just state that this book has reinforced my beliefs that Benidorm is very low down on the list of places I'd like to visit in Spain, as it is completely not my scene! 

As an experienced solo traveller, I was amused at the pitfalls Sarah found herself in, including to succumbing very fast to the local lothario! That wasn't the only thing that made he laugh in the book or in fact the holiday. It really is a story that will have you giggling, or possibly rolling your eyes!

I loved the various people that Sarah meets on holiday but I also love getting to know her dad, and his new girlfriend. They have some rather fun ideas themselves and there are a few groan worthy jokes thrown in too! 

I found Daydream Believer to be a really enjoyable and entertaining debut novel that I didn't want to put down, but did wish I could have been by a pool working on my own tan while reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...