Monday 7 November 2016

Rachel Reads Randomly - Vote #46


 
Thank you everyone for your input last time. The results of the last vote were:

1 Votes - Her Christmas Cowboy by Katherine Garbera
2 Votes - The Trouble With Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis
5 Votes - Not Just For Christmas by Alex Brown

I'm so happy that Not Just For Christmas won. I always love Alex Brown books, but often find it hard to sit down to read a short story, unless told to, so to combine both was great. I also during this last week will admit I have now read Her Christmas Cowboy, since it was a review book, and the review for that will be up on 20th November, 

From now until probably the end of November each week I will be giving you a choice of 3 books from my Winter/Christmas books, to start getting us all into the festive spirit. I will probably be buying them as fast as I read them, so hopefully will get a different selection each week. 

Below is my initial theory for this feature, and then a bit further, what you are all waiting for... This weeks's vote! Enjoy!

I am also awful at deciding what book to read next, as I often have about 10 titles or authors jumping into my brain at any time, shouting at me to read them, and I tend to worry I have made the wrong decision while reading a perfectly good book. I am hoping this will save me having to make at least 1 choice a week, while possibly providing a review to the site of a book you all either love or are curious about yourselves. 

So what I am proposing, is my lovely loyal readers of Rachel's Random Reads, select one book for me to read a week, and I will post the review the following week. 

This week's random numbers are...

And the books these numbers correspond to are...

So the 5 choices with my gut feeling responses are:


3 - Christmas in New York by Holly Greene - Well I do like reading about Christmas in New York, but if anyone want to supply some plane tickets so I could do it for real, would really appreciate it. 
6 - Christmas Under The Stars by Karen Swan - Fantastic author who always writes brilliant books, and I am really looking forward to reading this whenever I get the opportunity. Believe there is a lot of snow in this one! 
9 - Cornwall for Christmas (A Polwenna Bay novella) by Ruth Saberton -  I love the Polwenna Bay series, so couldn't resist buying this latest novella, and am looking forward to 

It looks as though from a location point of view that choices are New York, Cornwall or the Canadian Rockies this time, all set at Christmas. I think it could be very interesting this week and I am excited already to see which I will be reading by the end of the week. 

Pick your favourite or the one you most want me to review, or just the one you are curious about, and leave me a comment below, before midnight on Wednesday. 

I look forward to seeing what I will be reading over the weekend, courtesy of you all.

The explanation if you haven't seen the feature before. 


How is this going to work?

Every Monday, I am going to have a post like this, which is going to have some choices on it. I am planning on using random.org to select 7 random numbers, to coincide with my spreadsheet of unread books.  

I will from that produce a list of hopefully 5 books, I reserve the right to veto any books, and will give reasons for them, if it occurs.

I will take screenshots and post them, of the chosen books, and also give you my instinctive reactions to the choices (without checking blurbs or any other info about them, which could be interesting as there are probably many forgotten about books on my spreadsheet!). 

Your task is to post a comment on this post, with the book you would like me to read this week. At midnight on Wednesday I will take a tally of the votes and the book with the most, I will read and review for the following Monday, where you will also get a new choice post. 

In the event of a tie, I will chose which one appeals most, for the Monday review, and possibly try and read and review the other to appear when I can. 

I am hoping this will provide some variety to the books appearing, and will let me potentially read or discover some great authors that I have wanted to read but not got around to yet.

16 comments:

  1. From Twitter:

    Emma Crowley ‏@emthebookworm 29m29 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 you knew I would say this Christmas Under the Stars Karen Swan

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Twitter:

    Dawn ‏@crooksonbooks 30m30 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 def @KarenSwan1 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Twitter:

    Irena BookDustMagic ‏@Irena_BookDust 22m22 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 I vote for Karen Swan this time! Would like to hear your thoughts about her new book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch you really are playing mind games with me this week, you know the obvious one I would choose, followed by where I'm moving to ... so I'm going to shock you & go with 6 - Christmas Under The Stars by Karen Swan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the Karen Swan - love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Twitter:

    Sarah Mackins ‏@sarah_mackins 11h11 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 not read any of these but I'd definitely pick Karen Swan the cover is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Facebook:

    Book Literati Christmas Under The Stars 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Twitter:

    Tanya Phillips ‏@tanyainwales 9h9 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 I enjoyed Ruth's book

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Twitter:

    Matthew Redford ‏@matthew_redford 9h9 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Christmas in New York gets my vote

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm torn. Oooh, Christmas in New York, I think. Mainly because my eye zooms in on the couple on the cover. I want to know them. Sorry, can't run to the plane tickets, Rachel. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Twitter:

    Mark West ‏@MarkEWest 9m9 minutes ago
    @gilbster1000 Christmas in New York - simply because I've always fancied doing that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Karen Swan book because that cover is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Twitter:

    Ella Louise Creasey ‏@kentlass123 2m2 minutes ago Minster On Sea, England
    @gilbster1000 1st one x <--- Holly Greene

    ReplyDelete
  14. From Twitter:

    Liina voit ‏@liinareads 6h6 hours ago
    @gilbster1000 Christmas Under The Stars by Karen Swan 😃

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...