Saturday 1 October 2016

Truth or Lie? - Month 5 Round Up

Thank you once again everyone for taking part this month in Truth or Lie. I love seeing all of your guesses and for the first time ever we have a 5 way tie for first place. No one even those taking part every week got more than one correct this time, so arguable congratulations to the authors for tricking you all! 



In the event of a tie, I put all names into a hat, and pick one out at random to find the winner of the paperback of your choice, 

So without further ado... 

Congratulations to Jan Ellis, you are this months winner. Please get in contact so we can sort out your prize. You have won a paperback of your choice. 

And so that I don't keep you all in suspense for any longer...here are this month's lies revealed. 

Week 1- I had Carol Thomas as my guest, and she had some great lies. So here is the truth! 

Question 3 - What was your most memorable holiday ever?

LIE: I have had lots of lovely holidays but one that will always stay with me was a skiing trip with my secondary school to Les Orres in the French Alps. It was my first holiday without my family. We stayed for six days, spending the days attempting to ski and the evenings being teenagers (don’t tell my parents)!  

TRUTH: My most memorable holiday was when my husband and I took our children to Canada. They got to experience a six hour flight, skiing (they’re much better than me), ice skating on a frozen lake, snowmobiling, temperatures colder than minus twenty, building an igloo and playing in the huge amount of snow that fell daily. It was an amazing experience.

Question 6- Can you describe for me what your perfect day would involve?

LIE: A day spent at the spa being thoroughly pampered, including a manicure, pedicure and my new favourite (after being treated to this on Mother’s Day) a frangipani nourish wrap. With four children, it’s a perfect way to escape, relax and unwind! 

TRUTH: I can think of nothing worse than spending the day at a spa, all that fussing over me would feel like torture. My ideal day, if I were being self-indulgent, would be relaxing somewhere with a beautiful view, reading a good book or writing. Throw in my husband, my children busily occupied in some outdoor pursuits and some yummy food and I’d be more than happy. 

Question 7 - Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

LIE: I enjoy cycling, it is a great way to get out into the fresh air and to see some of the lovely countryside we have here in the South of England. It helps me clear the cobwebs, sort out any plot or character issues I have and keep fit.

TRUTH: Reading is the biggest hobby I indulge in, followed by going to the cinema with my husband. It’s a nice way to relax and not nearly as energetic as cycling. 

Week 2- featured Heleyne Hammersley who has some rather convincing lies

Question 7 - What is the most annoying interview question you have ever been asked?

During an interview for an English teaching position I was once asked whether I’d mind teaching some PE each week.  I’d already said that I wasn’t very sporty in response to a question about my interests and I suspect it was a ruse to put me off the job.  (THIS IS A LIE – the most annoying interview question I was ever asked was whether I intend to have children while working for the company.  I think this is probably illegal now.)

Question 9 - Can you describe for me what your perfect day would involve?

Probably sprawling out on a beach somewhere warm and sunbathing for an entire day with nothing to do and nowhere to be.  (THIS IS A LIE – I hate sunbathing!  My perfect day would probably involve a long hill walk and a good meal at a nice restaurant.)

Question 10 - Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

I play guitar very badly!  I like to pretend I’m Joni Mitchell or, when the neighbours are out, Joan Jett but I can only manage a few basic chords.  (THIS IS A LIE – I don’t have a musical bone in my body.  My hobbies are more outdoorsy – I like walking, cycling and swimming.  I also like to grow my own veg but the season is very short up here in the frozen wastes of the north.)

And in Week 3 we had Christina Philippou giving a great selection of answers

Question 4 - What superpower would you love to have?

I’d love to be able to fly. [LIE – I’m scared of heights]
I’d love to have (selective) invisibility.

Question 8 - Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

I play and coach football, enjoy sewing, and never turn down a dance-off.
I love my yoga, enjoy gardening, and never turn down a bake-off. [LIE]

Question 11 - What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

A selection of punk rock, 90s grunge, and early noughties pop.
A selection of folk, classical music, and early noughties RnB. [LIE]


And finally Week 4 we had Tracey Sinclair who came up with some really imaginative lies!

Question 3 - What was your most memorable holiday ever?

TRUTH: My first trip abroad was a trip to Paris with a friend that was a bit of a disaster from start to finish, but the grand finale was us missing our train home and being stranded overnight with hardly any money, nowhere to stay and, of course back then no mobile phones… so memorable for all the wrong reasons!
LIE: A childhood holiday to Wales – it rained constantly but I didn’t care as I had a massive crush on one of the locals who worked at the campsite, so spent the entire time either ‘accidentally’ trying to be wherever he was, or writing bad poetry about him in my notebook! 

Question 7 - What is your dream job, and have you tried to achieve it?

LIE: It isn’t any more, but as a teen I wanted to be a TV presenter and did an audition tape that I cringe to think of even now. It was the eighties so I recall my outfit being neon bright and terrifyingly heavy on the shoulder pads…

TRUTH: Other than writing, I’ve actually always just stumbled into jobs by luck or coincidence. Most of the things I’ve done I didn’t know existed as jobs till I did them!

Question 9 - Did you have an invisible friend as a child? If so, please tell me about them. 

LIE: Not invisible as such, but I did have a life size doll called Athena who was about 3 feet tall, that I used to pretend was a real friend and used to hold long, detailed conversations with. Maybe as an only child I wanted a sibling. My mum got so freaked out though that she gave it away!

TRUTH: No, I didn’t. (I did have a life sized doll called Athena, but she was quite unnerving. My mum did also gave her away telling people I was starting to treat her like a real person, but the truth was I used her to play mean pranks (hiding her behind curtains and the like so it looked like there was someone hiding in the room) and my mum got so sick of it she gave the doll away – which I probably deserved! )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...