Monday 21 September 2015

Book Review - Then You Were Gone by Claire Moss

Amazon UK
Title: Then You Were Gone
Author: Claire Moss
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Carina
Publication Date: 30th July 2015
Rating: 3 Stars


Could you leave the one you love?

Mack was that guy, the one who had it all. The looks, the charm and that twinkle in his clear blue eyes. Yet, after those first few moments of meeting him, Simone just knew he was the one. Four days ago, Mack told Simone he loved her – and then disappeared without a trace.

Now Simone is forced to question everything she ever knew about Mack – and whether it was all a lie. Determined to find him before the trail goes cold, she’ll do anything to uncover the truth. But how do you find someone who doesn’t want to be found?

And what if his secret is best left buried…

I really wanted to love this book, from the blurb is sounds fantastic, but unfortunately I felt it was lacking. It took a long while to get going, and the whole way through I was thinking, I honestly don't care that much for Mack, the man that has disappeared, not was I too fussed about his friends who were trying to find him. 

This was a book that just didn't mesh well with me or my possibly unrealistic expectations. There were parts of the story that had me completely gripped, and those were a pleasure to read. 

I found that when the final reveals were done, a lot of the info I had already guessed at, not necessarily in the exact way or circumstances that were mentioned, but that I had, had the fleeting thoughts of various pieces of information.  I just wasn't shocked. 

Then You Were Gone is a book that promised a lot. Mack not only disappeared but sent letters to his friends to tell them not to look for him as he could be in danger. This being only four days after telling Simone that he loved her. I was curious as to why Mack had disappeared, and then there were a few chapters from a different key persons point of view. Those were to me the best chapters in the book, they had a real feeling within them,  and were different. 

Overall I did like the book, I found the writing easy to follow, and there are some great sections to it. 

Thank you so much to Carina and Netgalley for this review copy. This was my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...