Tuesday 6 March 2018

Book Review - Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh

Amazon UK
Title: Let Me Lie
Author: Clare Mackintosh
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Sphere
Publication Date: 8th March 2018
Rating: 5 Stars


The police say it was suicide.
Anna says it was murder.
They're both wrong.

One year ago, Caroline Johnson chose to end her life brutally: a shocking suicide planned to match that of her husband just months before. Their daughter, Anna, has struggled to come to terms with their loss ever since.
Now with a young baby of her own, Anna misses her mother more than ever and starts to ask questions about her parents' deaths. But by digging up the past, is she putting her future in danger? Sometimes it's safer to let things lie . . .

The stunning, twisty new psychological thriller from number one bestseller Clare Mackintosh, author of I LET YOU GO and I SEE YOU.


Actually reeling from how shocked I am by the way this book turned out, during most of the first part I had an inkling, and I was close but so so far wrong as to the truth, that I couldn't quite believe what I ws reading. 

I found the first part of the book interesting but not overly gripping, but by the time we moved into the second and third parts, I was open mouthed and couldn't turn the pages fast enough as I was so hooked on the action. 

There are multiple perspectives in this book, Anna who is starting to question whether her parents really did commit suicide last year, or if they were murdered, the policeman who is humouring Anna's insistence to re look at the case and that has his own problems at home.  Then there is the other voice for small chapters and that is where you get a very interesting perspective on the story. 

There are many big themes that are explored in this book that are written about incredibly well, and I can't really mention them but this just makes Let Me Lie so much better.  

I have no idea how Claire Mackintosh keeps producing such impressive stories, but I am already keen to see what is next.  Once I was fully enthralled and gripped by the story, I completely lost track of the world around me until I was finished.   Absolutely loved it! 

Thank you to Netgalley and Sphere for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...