Tuesday 21 November 2017

Book Review - Henry The Queen's Corgi by Georgie Crawley

Amazon UK
Title: Henry The Queen's Corgi
Author: Georgie Crawley
Format reviewed: Hardcover
Source: Arrived from the publisher
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: 24th October 2017
Rating: 5 Stars


The heart-warming story of one little dog’s big adventure, and the lives he changes along the way.

This Christmas, anything could happen…

When their dog goes missing during a day trip to London, the Walker family are forced to accept that they may never see Henry again. But as the family search for their beloved pet, the reality of what has happened to Henry never even crosses their minds: Henry has been mistaken for one of the Queen’s prized corgis.

Swept into Buckingham Palace, Henry is about to discover how the other half of the dog world lives. Henry’s life with the Walkers is a long way from the world of china dog bowls of the corgi room.

But Henry isn’t such an average dog either – and as he explores the palace, getting under the feet of royals and staff alike, this naughty dog will change the residents of Buckingham Palace’s lives in ways they could never have imagined …

Easily one of the cutest books I've read this Christmas, and how fabulous was it to see Buckingham Palace through a dog's eyes. 

The chapters alternate between Henry and Amy. Henry is a corgi, and beloved family pet of the Walker family. However on a day out in London he ends up mistaken as the new corgi for the Queen, which is where his adventure really starts. 

Amy Walker is struggling to get used to life after her husband walked out on his family. She decides to try and start creating new happy memory with her children Jack and Claire (17 and 12), and takes them to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and then to see Buckingham Palace. Of course they were never going to take Henry disappearing without a fight and I loved seeing the ways they tried to find Henry. 

I loved meeting the other dogs in the Palace, and through the eyes of Sarah, a servant that Henry befriends it was very interesting to see how the service staff at the palace treat each other, and that there is a great deal of snobbery about. Not only that but the other Corgis were looking down their noses at Henry too. 

I love reading books from the eye of a animal, and Henry is as you may expect is a rather special dog, who is always trying to help any humans around him. I loved seeing Buckingham Palace through his eyes and also his family too.  

This is a rather heart warming and loveable story set in the run up to Christmas. It's not overtly festive but there are some rather grand decorations, massive Christmas trees and Christmas carols. It is a story about family and how the Walkers were reacting at all times, was interesting to follow. 

This is a book that made me laugh, it made me smile and it almost made me cry too - its superb. 

Thank you Avon for sending me this book which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I almost bought this for my Grandma last night. She has a Corgi! This looks so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this after seeing your review on Goodreads and I loved it sooooo much! Henry is so cute and I loved my "look behind the scenes" of Buckingham Palace. Definitely one I'll read again next Christmas.

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...