Wednesday 17 May 2017

Book Review - Save the Date by Aven Ellis

Amazon UK
Title: Save the Date
Author: Aven Ellis
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied copy
Publisher: Soul Mate Publishing
Publication Date: 17th May 2017
Rating: 5 Stars


Chicago event planner Collins Brady knows how to make the magic happen for her clients. From elaborate weddings to cute baby showers, Collins knows what to do to make an experience breathtakingly perfect. In her mind, she adds the sparkle that makes everything shine.

If only she had that same sparkle in her personal life. 

While she’s good at her job, her true career dreams lie elsewhere. If she could do anything, it would be to become an equestrian riding instructor. That dream, however, is shelved due to practicality. And that’s not the only thing Collins has shelved. After ending a relationship with her college sweetheart, Collins has taken her heart out of the game, too. She wonders if that magical kind of love can exist. But maybe it’s only a fantasy.

Or is it? All of that changes the night she meets Luca Ballerini, the rookie goalie for the Chicago Buffaloes. Passionate and fiercely determined, Luca has only made time for hockey in his life—until he meets Collins. Her spark hasn’t escaped him, and now Luca wants something other than his hockey career.

But following their dreams and hearts isn’t always easy. Can Collins and Luca find a way to live their dreams with each other? 

Will love get past them? Or will this goalie make a perfect save of Collins’ heart?

What can I say that I haven't already said about a book by Aven Ellis? Save The Date is another highly enjoyable and truly pleasurable stories to read, and I am running out of new ways to try and explain just how much I love these books. 

In Luca Ballerini, the author has created another dream man, and given me yet another book boyfriend. He is wonderful and I was falling for him within the first few minutes of meeting him. He is a dedicated goalie that wants nothing more than to help Collins realise her true working dreams. He is willing to put up with Collins' addiction to Pumpkin Spice, and seems to love every single freckle on her face. He is a just a wonderful man to get to know and I really wish he was real!

Callie is working for her aunts event planning company and a lot of the laughs in the book come from the Momzilla of the wedding she is trying to plan, and also the pregnant mom in a baby shower, whose cravings seem to change by the second! 

It was fabulous meeting back up with Livy, Aubrey, Landon and Beckett from the first two books in the Chicago on Ice story, and seeing how they are progressing. However if you haven't read the others in the series, then don't worry as this can definitely be read as a standalone story.  

I loved how much time and effort Luca puts into being a goalie. I used to play that position in a different sport and can't help but wish I had his instincts, or determination to study to the opposition when I was younger.  Whenever Callie was around her horse, it was clear she was a different person and I was really enjoying the horsey side to this book. 

Save The Date is a easy, fast read that is pure escapism. I devoured it far too fast, as I was enjoying the story that much and I am already wishing I had more books by Aven Ellis to read (but I've read them all so far). 

Thank you so much to Aven Ellis for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I share your opinion such a great book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...