Saturday 18 March 2017

Book Review - His Sicilian Cinderella by Carol Marinelli - Back Catalogue Books



Back Catalogue Books is my new regular Saturday feature, focusing on books that are not the latest releases. There is going to be a mix of Q&As and also reviews, depending on what I have the space for. 

If you are an author wanting to take part in Back Catalogue Books then please do email on gilbster at gmail dot com and I'll whizz the questions over to you. 

I hope everyone enjoys this weekly look back at some of the slightly older books that are about but still great, and that I eventually make a dent in my TBRs as a result of it!

When I spotted on twitter recently that Carol Marinelli was about to have her 100th book for Harlequin published, it reminded me that I had one of her books floating about the place, and then couldn't resist reading it! 
Amazon UK
Title: His Sicilian Cinderella
Author: Carol Marinelli
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: Goody Bag
Publisher: Mills & Boon
Publication Date: 1st August 2015
Rating: 4 Stars


His Until Midnight… ?

When millionaire Matteo Santini bought one night with Bella Gatti it was to protect her innocence from the dangerous game she was caught up in. He never expected to be so undone by their fierce attraction – nor by her disappearance the next day.

Chambermaid Bella has escaped her shameful past, but memories of that night with Matteo still burn. Forced to attend Sicily’s most exclusive wedding with him, Bella knows the dark-hearted tycoon will want a reckoning. And as the clock strikes twelve it’s clear the only way Bella will be leaving the party is with Matteo – via his bed!

Well it has been many years since I read a pure Mills & Boon book, and it turns out my enjoyment of them is still there. I devoured His Sicilian Cinderella in 2 short hours, and really enjoyed reading it. 

I loved hearing about all the events five years ago in Sicily which lead to Bella and Matteo's first night together. It was interesting to hear about how life in one small village in Sicily could be affected and ruled, by one powerful man, although perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised given the island's mob connections. 

There is definitely a pull between Bella and Matteo five years later no matter what they both say, but you have to keep guessing as to whether you when you will get the hoped for ending. 

I really enjoyed my couple of hours of pure escapism, in this easy to read romance, that hit the spot of what I wanted at the time of reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...