Friday 6 May 2016

Funday Friday - Truth or Lie? - Jennifer Joyce - Month 1 Week 3


Welcome to the second ever edition of Truth of Lie. My name is Rachel and I will be your host, for this exciting new game show. Each Friday, I will have one contestant, and they will be answering at least 14 questions. There is of course one small twist, 


For three of the answers, they have to lie. It is your task as the viewer to guess which three answers are lies. You are allowed 3 guesses and I want them posted into the comments field. 

Every 4 weeks, I will close the guessing, count up how many correct answers each of you has, and create a leaderboard. Anyone who is top of the leaderboard, will go into a draw for a paperback of the winners choice (open internationally). 

Please do include a way for me to contact you (email or twitter or similar), so that I can let you know if you have won. 

The weekend after a 4 week period closes, not only will I produce a leaderboard, and announce a winner, I will also let you know into the true answers, and which were the lies.  

Closing date for the first month is 11pm on 19th May 2016. 

So without further ado, let's meet today's contestant. 

Good morning Jennifer Joyce, please can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

I’m a writer of romantic comedies who lives in Manchester with my husband and our two daughters. We also have a Jack Russell called Luna and two bunnies called Cinnamon and Leah. If I’m not writing, I can usually be found with my nose in a book or loitering on social media.

Please to meet you Jennifer, we definitely have something in common already, I seem to be loitering on social media a lot

Now onto the show, and remember everyone, Jennifer hasn't been entirely truthful with three of these answers, so it is up to you to guess which ones they are (only 3 guesses per person though). 

1) Who is your favourite author?

I love Dorothy Koomson’s writing. It’s beautiful and evocative and hooks me in immediately.

2) What book do you wish you had written?

Bridget Jones’s Diary. Like most authors, I’d love to see my books transferred to the screen but there’s always the fear it won’t live up to what you imagined in your head while writing it. For me, Bridget Jones’s Diary is just as fabulous as the book and I could watch it over and over and never get bored.

3) What was your most memorable holiday ever?

We went to Egypt for our honeymoon in 2012. I’ve always been fascinated by the pyramids so it was amazing to actually see them for myself. Unfortunately, my husband was pretty ill for most of the week (you don’t want any details, trust me) so it wasn’t such an amazing holiday for him!

4) If you could be an animal what would you be and why?

A cat because they have a great life: strokes whenever they want some fuss (and only when THEY want to be stroked – everything is on their terms), free to roam or laze wherever they want, the cute factor so they can be fed at multiple houses. It’s idyllic.

5) What superpower would you love to have?

The ability to stop time. Imagine being able to pause time when the alarm clock goes off in the morning, only restarting it when you’ve had a lengthy enough lie in!

6) What is your dream job, and have you tried to achieve it?

I’ve always wanted to be a writer, from a young age. It took years of writing and submitting before I was published but it was worth it.

7) If you could only read one author for the rest of your life (and I’m aware that’s a very scary world), who would you choose and why?

It’d be Lisa Jewell because I love to re-read her early romantic comedies, like Thirty Nothing. I never, ever get bored of re-reading them.

8) Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

I’ve played the violin since I was nine, though I don’t play as much as I used to. My youngest (who’s seven) is starting to take an interest so if she starts having lessons, we can play together, which would be lovely.

9) Who is your ideal Disney character?

Frozen’s Olaf because he is cute, lovable and funny.

10) What would your ideal pet be?

A dog because they make great companions. They’re fun, playful and loyal – and adorable. Luckily I happen to have a dog, who is all those things.

11) What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

I have a varied taste in music and don’t feel any guilt (although maybe I should…) I love anything from cheesy pop like The Spice Girls and S Club 7 to T-Rex.

12) Who is the most important person in the world to you?

I have two – my daughters, Rianne and Isobel.

13) If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?

I’d love to travel the world. There are so many places I’m itching to experience. Australia and New Zealand would definitely be at the top of my list as they both look like such gorgeous countries and I’ve never been that far from home before.

14) What are you most scared of?

I’m scared of a LOT of things: spiders (obviously), most other creepy-crawlies and flying bug-type things, snakes, horses, my own imagination. They’re all tied, fear-wise. 

Thanks so much Jennifer for taking part on Truth or Lie? I also love your favourite author, and Olaf is definitely the best! 

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Truth or Lie? I will be back next week with another episode, and in the mean time...
Don't forget to guess the lies, to be in with a chance of a prize! 


Jennifer Joyce is a writer of romantic comedies who lives in Manchester with her husband and their two daughters. Her latest novel, The Wedding Date is out now. You can find out more about Jennifer and her books on:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jenniferjoycewrites 
Twitter: www.twitter.com/writer_jenn 

Blog: www.jenniferjoycewrites.co.uk 

6 comments:

  1. This is the hardest one yet all the answers are believable!An absolute stab in the dark choice I will say 2,8,14 are the lies!
    @DrewComps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this idea, I missed your other posts, so I'm going in search of them now. This is very difficult I would guess 2, 4, 8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this idea, I missed your other posts, so I'm going in search of them now. This is very difficult I would guess 2, 4, 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...this is a hard one. My guess is 2, 3 and 13.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that these answers are all totally believable! (Jenn, you're a good fibber. 😉) I think we need some sillier ones in future to make it easier. Stab in the dark: 3, 5 and 9.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Lord, this is hard. 2, 8, 11?? Stab in the dark here. Jennifer, you are GOOD! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...