Friday 27 May 2016

Friday Funday - Truth or Lie? - Mandy Baggot - Month 2 Week 2 - Greek Week




Welcome to the second ever edition of Truth of Lie. My name is Rachel and I will be your host, for this exciting new game show. Each Friday, I will have one contestant, and they will be answering at least 14 questions. There is of course one small twist, 


For three of the answers, they have to lie. It is your task as the viewer to guess which three answers are lies. You are allowed 3 guesses and I want them posted into the comments field. 

Every 4 weeks, I will close the guessing, count up how many correct answers each of you has, and create a leaderboard. Anyone who is top of the leaderboard, will go into a draw for a paperback of the winners choice (open internationally). 

Please do include a way for me to contact you (email or twitter or similar), so that I can let you know if you have won. 

The weekend after a 4 week period closes, not only will I produce a leaderboard, and announce a winner, I will also let you know into the true answers, and which were the lies.  

Closing date for the first month is 11pm on 16th June 2016. 

So without further ado, let's meet today's contestant. 

Good morning contestant, please can you tell me your name and a little bit about yourself?

My name is Mandy Baggot and I am addicted to white wine, mashed potato and the Greek island of Corfu. I also love country music and my Kindle Paperwhite. I write romantic fiction, currently romantic comedies for Bookouture, and Those Summer Nights is my twelfth book. You can find me on Twitter (too much of the time) @mandybaggot, on Facebook and at my website www.mandybaggot.com
I live near Salisbury in Wiltshire, UK with my husband (Mr Big), two daughters, two cats (Kravitz and Springsteen) and two guinea pigs (Truffle and Stripe).

Pleased to meet you Mandy, I loved Truly Madly Greekly last year and have been a huge fan of your books since.  

Now onto the show, and remember everyone, Lynda hasn't been entirely truthful with three of these answers, so it is up to you to guess which ones they are (only 3 guesses per person though). 

1) What book do you wish you had written?

Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower CafĂ© by Milly Johnson. Milly beat me to the Romantic Novelists’ Association award for romantic comedies this year and I’m still sore! Only kidding! Milly and I are great friends and I love her books! 

2) Tell me about any really memorable dream or nightmare you have had.

Gosh, this is personal. OK *takes deep breath* I once woke up having spent a night dreaming about Pitbull covered in Ben and Jerry’s. 

3) What was your most memorable holiday ever?

Every holiday I have in Corfu seems to be memorable. I ADORE the island and just can’t spend enough time there! I think more Greek books are coming! 

4) If you could be an animal what would you be and why?

I’d be a cat. I have two cats and they get fed whenever they’re hungry, stretch out in the sun and then sleep. Pretty much purr-fection! 

5) If you could be a fruit, what would you be and why?

A kiwi fruit – fuzzy, juicy and exotic – that’s me!

6) What is the most annoying interview question you have ever been asked?

I like doing interviews! I don’t really find any questions annoying. 

7) Do you consider yourself to be an angel or a devil? Please give an example to validate your answer

I think I’m a little bit of both. On the whole I’m a good girl but if I think rules need bending a little… I’m pretty sure I’m one of the bad girls at RNA conference every year. I wanted to do unspeakable things with a fork last year… 

8) Please name a cocktail that would describe you perfectly, and what’s in it?

Racy Lady – White rum, Baileys, grenadine 

9) If you could choose anybody famous to star in the story of your life, who would it be?

It would have to be Rebel Wilson. I think we have a lot in common! 

10) Besides reading, which I am guessing is a given, what other hobbies do you have?

I love to sing! I entered The X-Factor a few moons ago now but didn’t quite make it to judges’ houses. It was an experience though and made me realise I didn’t want to have a singing career! I do it just for fun now with the occasional charity event. I also love to go to gigs – country, rock and pop mainly. Other than that it’s nights on the sofa with Netflix. 

11) What is your best childhood memory?

I loved going to the horse racing with my late Granddad. He used to take me in the school holidays to Newbury and I adored it. We would take a picnic and spend all day just watching the races, sitting in the sun, eating egg sandwiches, simple pleasures I miss. 

12) What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to music? 

Obviously, it’s the guy who wrote a song about me… Barry Manilow. When ‘Mandy’ comes on I have to stand up and sing at the top of my voice and let everyone know I own it. 

13) If you could only look at one view for the rest of eternity, what or where would you like to be to see this view

Corfu! I know it’s boring because I go there so much, but to me it really is the best place on Earth. It’s that combination of blue sky, azure sea and the backdrop of the mountains of Albanian off the north-east coast of the island. I could look at that view forever. 

14) Who is the most important person in the world to you?
I have two of those. My girls. They are growing up so fast. 10 and 8 going on 15 in their heads. Being a mum is hard work sometimes but loving them is easy. They ground life for me and help me get my priorities straight. 

15) What are you most scared of?

There are two things. One is planes falling out of the sky and landing on me. I don’t seem to be as scared of being in one when it goes down just the thought of being out, walking somewhere or driving somewhere and having one crash on me. I know it’s weird. The other one is ultra silly but sends me into a panic… if I see a plaster in a swimming pool or on the floor of a swimming pool complex I have to get out or away from it until it’s gone. I’m shuddering just thinking about it! 

Thank you so much Mandy for appearing on Truth or Lie? I think since it is also Greek week, the hint of more Greek books coming up will please a lot of people and I think you are doing great things for the Corfu tourist board, no matter how unofficially it may be! 

I hope you have enjoyed this edition of Truth or Lie? I will be back next week with another episode, and in the mean time...
Don't forget to guess the lies, to be in with a chance of a prize! 

For more about Mandy Baggot....

 Visit Mandy’s website at http://www.mandybaggot.com/
Latest release: Those Summer Nights http://smarturl.it/thosesummernights
Amazon UK: http://ow.ly/sjq4v
Amazon US: http://ow.ly/sjqbM
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mandybaggot
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mandybaggotauthor

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2968625.Mandy_Baggot

6 comments:

  1. Ooh this one is do difficult, but I'm going with 2, 10, 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never know. I think 2,10 and 15

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2, 10, 15 .. I had to write those quickly before I change my mind again!
    @DrewComps

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying watching this! No clues!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2, 12, 15. Absolute guess. Wow! These are hard. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...