Saturday 5 December 2015

Book Review - A Girl's Best Friend by Lindsey Kelk

Amazon UK
Title: A Girl's Best Friend
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Format reviewed: Paperback
Source: Prurchased
Publisher: Harper
Publication Date: 5th November 2015
Rating: 5 Stars

After the crazy six months she’s had, if there was a ‘clear history’ button for your life, Tess Brookes would be the first in line to press it.

When the opportunity arises to join her best friend, Amy, in New York for Christmas, Tess jumps at the chance. The only slight hitch is that Nick, the man who broke her heart, lives there. And Charlie, the man she turned down, has just started talking to her again. And she has just four days to take a photo for a competition that could save her career.

But aside from that, everything is going to be great: it’ll be the best Christmas ever. Won’t it?

As much as I'm a huge fan of Lindsey Kelk, and do enjoy all of her books, I hadn't really taken to this Girl series, as much as the I Heart Series, until this book. A Girl's Best Friend is to me Tess's best story yet.

I did struggle a small bit at the start of this book purely, because I couldn't remember what happened in the previous ones, and the prologue completely confused me, until I saw the words at the start of Chapter 1 of "two and a half weeks earlier" which meant I could put the prologue into context and hadn't completely blanked everything I thought I knew about the series. 

From there my enjoyment rose, page on page, especially when there was the initial mention of Angela, and then Jenny, and the twins from Spencer Media, at which point I started to get very excited. Because yes they are the characters we know and love from Lindsey Kelk's I Heart Series, making a cameo in this book. Was great to catch up with new friends, and makes me very curious as to where both series will go from here. I'm hoping  a full merger!

This is set in New York at Christmas, and Tess is trying her hardest to take a photo to win a competition that could lead to a photography apprenticeship. In the mean time her heart is still torn between Nick and Charlie, and there are moments in the book that had me favouring one over the other, and then something else happened and I was back to square one again with my rooting. 

This is full of the fun and humour you would expect from Tess's story and she is still as ditzy as ever. Amy her best friend seems unrecognisable from previous books. My favourite points in the whole book were Tess out with Angela and Jenny, I think its clear where my heart lies with this authors books!

Without giving much away this is a great addition to the series and could be read as a standalone too. Incredibly enjoyable and a fun story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...